Thank You Notes
Saturn Road Brothers and Sisters,
We are so thankful to our Saturn Road family for the many thoughts, prayers, words of encouragement, cards, and food that were all so freely given due to the passing of our sister, Lois, and Kathy’s fall.
Your love and care are such a blessing to us.
Ray and Kathy Hooper
or you can mail them to the church directly
(see address at the bottom of the page)
Clients are charged a modest fee of $30.00 per session (for members), $80.00 per session (for non-members). The balance of the fee is subsidized by the Saturn Road shepherds. In cases of genuine need, the fee will be waived at the counselor’s discretion. Anyone who is interested in making an appointment with a counselor should contact Stephanie Codara in the church office at 972.271.2444 or by email.
Dr. Lee Paul
Dr. Lee Paul, a Saturn Road member, allocates a block of his time two days a week to counsel clients here at the Saturn Road building. Dr. Paul is a well-known and much respected licensed Psychotherapist. He is a Professor of Counseling and Human Behavior at Amberton University, where he directs the Master of Arts degree program in Marriage and Family Therapy and the Certification program in Christian Counseling. Dr. Paul has taught psychology and counseling at Abilene Christian University at Dallas, Southwestern Christian College, and The Center for Christian Education in addition to Amberton University, where he has taught for more than 35 years. He has guest lectured at Baylor College of Dentistry, Sammons Cancer Center, St. Paul Hospital, John Peter Smith Hospital, the University of Dallas, Navarro College, and Baylor University Medical Center. Dr. Paul is licensed by the State of Texas to practice Psychotherapy, Psychological Testing, Individual and Group Counseling, and Marriage and Family Therapy. He maintains a private practice as a Psychotherapist and Counselor, working primarily with individuals with anxiety disorders. He is also a consultant and seminar presenter for numerous business organizations, hospitals, and universities in the area of conflict management and resolution. Dr. Paul has served on the Ethics Committee at Baylor Hospital in Garland, the President’s Council at Christian Care Center, and the Advisory Board for RFD Television Network. He has held memberships in the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, and the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and he has been credentialed by the National Council on Family Relations as a Certified Family Life Educator. He is the co-author of the book The Parable of a Man. We feel so blessed to have a man of his education and godliness available to us.
Heather Resneder is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist. She completed her Masters degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy at Phillips Graduate Institute in Encino, California. Her undergraduate work was also focused in Psychology as well as Child Development completing her Bachelors from California State University, Northridge. Heather provides counseling for relationship interventions, parenting, depression, anxiety, anger management, panic attacks, family dynamics, behavior management, grief and communication. She has worked with at risk youth, special needs children, teens and their families in several settings. She began working with children first in a Christian school as a teacher and summer camp director. She later worked with autistic children and their families providing behavioral interventions and crisis support management. During her tenure with the Children’s Bureau, she was part of the team that created the first Day Treatment Center in California to provide mental health services to youth under age 9. She has served the Dallas community for more than 12 years seeing clients in several non- profit settings. Heather also sees clients in private practice through Campbell Counseling Group that she began with three colleagues. Services are provided to: Individuals, Couples, Children and Teens. Family Therapy Specialties Include: Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management, Grief, Abuse History, and Self Harm.
John Gambill is an educator for the State of Texas (6-8 Grade Science) and a LCDC (Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor) in the State of Texas. He has MA in Marriage and Family Therapy. John and his family have been a part of the Saturn Road family for over 10 years. John has been working in the Mental Health and Substance Abuse field since 2006 and has been working with children, teens, adults and families since the end of 1993 as a Youth/Family Minister, Practicum Mental Health Counselor, Substance Abuse Counselor, Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), and a Hospice Chaplain. He’s worked in private practice with non-profit and for-profit agencies in Oklahoma and Texas. Part of his work includes Drug Court programs (OK, TX), Adolescent Offender programs (OK, TX), Program Director for Outpatient Adolescent Treatment program in Garland, TX, Chemical Dependency Detoxification Counselor in Dallas at Inpatient Hospital and working at an outpatient agency in Garland, TX in conjunction with TDCJ/State Parole/US Probation.
John’s work has included working with children, teens, adults, couples, families, individuals and groups who have been affected by substance abuse in some way, shape or form. Not only does he conduct counseling/therapy for substance abuse but also conducts sessions for Prevention Education on Drug (Illegal and Rx)/Alcohol Abuse, Bullying/Violence, STDs, Parenting, Intervention Consulting, Anger, Pre-Marital Classes, Career Consulting, Grief, Impulse Control, Stress, Truancy and Self-esteem. He is available for speaking engagements with schools, churches, non-profits and other groups as desired.
What is Restoring Relationships?
- Restoring Relationships is a ministry dedicated to helping individuals and families continue on their road to recovery from addictions, habits, hang-ups and hurts.
- Our primary focus has been working with the Ladies from the Nexus Recovery Program which is a Dallas nonprofit at the forefront of specialized substance abuse services for females.
- The ministry was started in October of 2014 and has been blessed by God. We have a small group of core members who have helped with co-leading the class, providing and serving refreshments to the ladies following the class as well as van drivers to pick the ladies up from Nexus on Wednesday nights and then take them back after class.
- We are looking to expand now which means we will need more people to be involved. This will include opening the group to as many ladies who want to come from Nexus. We would also like to invite any members of Saturn Road to join us if you like.
Who can participate?
- You don’t have to be in recovery to be a part of the group. Perhaps someone in your family has dealt with substance abuse and you would like to share your experience or have a support group, this is a great place to be!
What is our Mission Statement?
- To fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. The process allows us to “be changed.” We share our experiences, strengths and hopes with one another. We become willing to accept God’s Grace in solving our problems. By applying Biblical principles, we grow spiritually. We become free from our “hurts, habits and hang-ups” (addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors). This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and most importantly, a stronger relationship with God. As we progress through the process, we discover our loving and forgiving Higher Power – Jesus Christ.
How can I get involved?
- Refreshments – We need a number of people who can help provide refreshments for the group at 8:00 pm on Wednesdays before they return to Nexus.
- Van Assistant – Ride with van/people mover driver to and from Saturn Road to offer assistance and for safety reason.
Who do I contact?
- We would love to have you as part of this exciting and growing ministry! Contact John Gambill (Ministry Coordinator) at 214-264-7404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3030 Saturn Road
Garland, Texas 75041