Thank You Notes
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
I am writing this letter to personally thank you for allowing me to speak to you the members at Saturn Road. Your generous participation in the CHANGE CANS FOR CUBA is deeply appreciated. Everyone who gave is helping Great Cities Missions to spread the gospel to Latin American Countries. It was my pleasure to spend time with all of you there and to make you aware of how Great Cities Missions is working every day!
The greatest benefit of all, I hope, is the feeling you get knowing you personally helped our missionaries spread the Word of God in Cuba.
Again, thank you so much for your participation and donations. The total amount you gave is $3,577. Awesome! Your continued monetary support is sure to help us in serving God. But, we also ask you to remember Great Cities Missions, and the missionaries who preach and teach each day, in your prayers.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Ken Bonham, Director of Development/Southwest Region
or you can mail them to the church directly
(see address at the bottom of the page)
Dear Saturn Road Family,
Words cannot express our appreciation for your thoughts, words, hugs and prayers as well as the unbelievable outpouring of assistance and love sent our way during the loss of our daughter, Cinamon. There were so many acts of kindness sent and that continue to be sent our way that we cannot believe it. We are not sure how people without a church family like Saturn Road can make it through these kinds of tragedies. You have helped us so much during this time. May God bless each one of you.
Jerry and Jan Crisp and Family
Dear Saturn Road Church Family,
Thank you so very much for your prayers, cards and encouragement. They have meant so much to me.
Clients are charged a modest fee of $30.00 per session (for members), $80.00 per session (for non-members). The balance of the fee is subsidized by the Saturn Road shepherds. In cases of genuine need, the fee will be waived at the counselor’s discretion. Anyone who is interested in making an appointment with a counselor should contact Stephanie Codara in the church office at 972.271.2444 or by email.
Dr. Lee Paul
Dr. Lee Paul, a Saturn Road member, allocates a block of his time two days a week to counsel clients here at the Saturn Road building. Dr. Paul is a well-known and much respected licensed Psychotherapist. He is a Professor of Counseling and Human Behavior at Amberton University, where he directs the Master of Arts degree program in Marriage and Family Therapy and the Master of Arts degree program in Christian Counseling. Dr. Paul has taught psychology and counseling at Abilene Christian University at Dallas, Southwestern Christian College, and The Center for Christian Education in addition to Amberton University, where he has taught for more than 35 years. He has guest lectured at Baylor College of Dentistry, Sammons Cancer Center, St. Paul Hospital, John Peter Smith Hospital, the University of Dallas, Navarro College, and Baylor University Medical Center. Dr. Paul is licensed by the State of Texas to practice Psychotherapy, Psychological Testing, Individual and Group Counseling, and Marriage and Family Therapy. He maintains a private practice as a Psychotherapist and Counselor, working primarily with individuals with anxiety disorders. He is also a consultant and seminar presenter for numerous business organizations, hospitals, and universities in the area of conflict management and resolution. Dr. Paul has served on the Ethics Committee at Baylor Hospital in Garland, the President’s Council at Christian Care Center, and the Advisory Board for RFD Television Network. He has held memberships in the American Psychological Association, the American Counseling Association, and the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and he has been credentialed by the National Council on Family Relations as a Certified Family Life Educator. He is the co-author of the book The Parable of a Man. We feel so blessed to have a man of his education and godliness available to us.
Heather Resneder is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist. She completed her Masters degree in Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy at Phillips Graduate Institute in Encino, California. Her undergraduate work was also focused in Psychology as well as Child Development completing her Bachelors from California State University, Northridge. Heather provides counseling for relationship interventions, parenting, depression, anxiety, anger management, panic attacks, family dynamics, behavior management, grief and communication. She has worked with at risk youth, special needs children, teens and their families in several settings. She began working with children first in a Christian school as a teacher and summer camp director. She later worked with autistic children and their families providing behavioral interventions and crisis support management. During her tenure with the Children’s Bureau, she was part of the team that created the first Day Treatment Center in California to provide mental health services to youth under age 9. She has served the Dallas community for more than 12 years seeing clients in several non- profit settings. Heather also sees clients in private practice through Campbell Counseling Group that she began with three colleagues. Services are provided to: Individuals, Couples, Children and Teens. Family Therapy Specialties Include: Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management, Grief, Abuse History, and Self Harm.
What is Restoring Relationships?
- Restoring Relationships is a ministry dedicated to helping individuals and families continue on their road to recovery from addictions, habits, hang-ups and hurts.
- Our primary focus has been working with the Ladies from the Nexus Recovery Program which is a Dallas nonprofit at the forefront of specialized substance abuse services for females.
- The ministry was started in October of 2014 and has been blessed by God. We have a small group of core members who have helped with co-leading the class, providing and serving refreshments to the ladies following the class as well as van drivers to pick the ladies up from Nexus on Wednesday nights and then take them back after class.
- We are looking to expand now which means we will need more people to be involved. This will include opening the group to as many ladies who want to come from Nexus. We would also like to invite any members of Saturn Road to join us if you like.
Who can participate?
- You don’t have to be in recovery to be a part of the group. Perhaps someone in your family has dealt with substance abuse and you would like to share your experience or have a support group, this is a great place to be!
What is our Mission Statement?
- To fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. The process allows us to “be changed.” We share our experiences, strengths and hopes with one another. We become willing to accept God’s Grace in solving our problems. By applying Biblical principles, we grow spiritually. We become free from our “hurts, habits and hang-ups” (addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behaviors). This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and most importantly, a stronger relationship with God. As we progress through the process, we discover our loving and forgiving Higher Power – Jesus Christ.
How can I get involved?
- Refreshments – We need a number of people who can help provide refreshments for the group at 8:00 pm on Wednesdays before they return to Nexus.
- Van Assistant – Ride with van/people mover driver to and from Saturn Road to offer assistance and for safety reason.
Who do I contact?
- We would love to have you as part of this exciting and growing ministry! Contact John Gambill (Ministry Coordinator) at 214-264-7404 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Allen (Elder Liaison).
3030 Saturn Road
Garland, Texas 75041